October 29, 2007

Bloggers!!

We are kind of behind on the whole blogging thing, but better late than never I guess! I thought it would be a great way for our family and friends to check in on us and see what our family is up to!

So.... a lot has happened this year in our family! In February we had twin boys! Their names are Maddox and Mason. They were born about 4 weeks early and had a brief stay in the NICU, but they are very happy healthy babies! The first 6 months were rough. Josh says it is my fault that Mason was so colicky because during my pregnancy I always said, "As long as I have one easy baby I will probably be ok!" Well that is what I got....kind of. Mason was colicky for a full 6 months. Not to mention he had ear infections from May to September. Maddox has been pretty mellow since he was born, but I wouldn't say he is the worlds easisest baby. We had a lot of sleepless nights (about 6-7 months worth) but I will have to say that I would gladly do it again. I love being a Mom, and it has been awesome to have 2 sweet babies to love.

Well they have both been sleeping through the night for about 2 months, and that makes for one happy Mommy and Daddy! Other things that have saved us are Baby Einstein movies, Spongebob, their exersaucer, jumper, and play mat.

Maddox and Mason have been rolling all over the place for the past 4-5 months but there is news in our house! Mason is officially crawling! He started out with an army crawl, and it is now a real crawl! I am so excited that he is crawling because it is awesome to see him learn, but I was about ready to cry when he started because it is just sad that he will never again be my tiny baby! Maddox is not quite there yet. He is pulling himself forward, just hasn't quite figured out the crawl yet. They are both moving enough that we are having to really baby proof things these days! Too bad we have so many stairs!

Another thing the babies have been doing is smashing their bumpers down to look across the room at eachother. It is kind of frustrating because our cute bedding is getting hammered, but it is also nice because in the morning they usually just talk in their room for a while before I have to go in and get them! It is neat to see them interact!

Well our babies are pretty much the only news we have. Except.... we did have one major change in our lives this summer. Josh left Washington Mutual this summer, where he had worked for 7 years. He was sick of working for "the man" and decided he wanted to try being an entreprenuer. I am such a nice wife and said, "whatever you want to do honey." So we started a carpet cleaning company. It is Called M&M Carpet Cleaning after the boys. Josh is liking being his own boss and I love being his personal secretary. It is stressful and tiring, but hopefully it will grow into something great!

We had a fun summer together just hanging out and we also made several trips to Washington to visit my family! It is fun to go home, even though the babies are not always easy on the road. We can't wait to get up there again!!

Now fall is here and we are excited for the babies first year of Holidays! We are most excited for their first Halloween. Their costumes are adorable we can't wait to dress them up! Thank goodness for a Grandma who likes to spoil her Grandbabies!

5 comments:

Susan Gray said...

Hi Meg,
I love your new Blog. It is a great way to see pictures of my little grandsons! I know life is hectic.....so this is a great way to share photographs and comments. I hope you had fun taking the babies out tonight for their first Halloween. I am waiting to see the pictures. I can't wait. Love you.
MOM

Meghan said...

Thanks for leaving me my first comment mom!! I knew I could count on you!!

DiAnn said...

Meghan, what a GREAT job you did with this...how fun. I couldn't open it at work, so I was anxious to get home tonight and see your creation....I'm impressed. And, thank you so much for bringing the boys over last night, they were so darn cute in their costumes!!

Gertge Family said...

Oh My Goodness! How cute are they? I can't believe how big the boys have gotten. Love the Blog!!! Ab

The Rockin Robertsons said...

Meg and Josh,
Nice job on the site, you guys will have to show us how to do it next time your over.

Jen & Sam