February 25, 2009

Our Babies are 2!!



Yes their Bday was on the 2nd... so I am a little behind, but I still thought I needed to do a bday post!

*Warning* This is a long post... more of a journal entry. Also it is a little mushy... I don't know what my deal is lately!!

I am just still in shock that they are really 2! It seems like just yesterday that we were bringing them home from the hospital. I really can't believe how fast time goes. They are growing and changing so fast. In the past year they have turned into little boys! They definitely aren't babies anymore.

One funny thing Mason has been doing lately is .... in this cute voice like he hasn't eaten anything in days (this is usually within 10 minutes of waking up in the morning) he says "yellow cracker." If I don't hop right up, he continues to say "yellow cracker, yellow cracker." The translation for this is a graham cracker. The box is yellow so I guess that is why he says it! They aren't 100% with knowing their colors so that is another reason why it is hilarious because he totally knows it is a yellow box!!

Mason is such a sweet boy... sometimes he will just walk in the room that I am in and in a sweet voice.. kind of high pitched he will say "hiii." I wish I could type it how he says it, but he just draws it out. Another sweet thing he does is he will just walk up to me or Josh and say "sit lap" or "sit by you." He is an excellent cuddler and loves to lay on the couch with us in the morning and watch cartoons. He loves any ball and has been able to name every type of ball for several months. Papa Joe and NinNin got them a basketball hoop for Christmas and he loves to "shoot it" or have Josh and I shoot it!!He really gets excited when Josh plays basketball with him! Mason loves to read, and would let us read to him all day if we would. He knows so many words now we have quit keeping track of the words that they are saying! Mason overall is just a sweety... he will sometimes just go give something to Maddox if he knows Maddox wants it (like a toy or treat). He then will say both "thankyou" and "yowelcomm." He takes care of the politeness on both ends!! Mason loves his Daddy.... Josh has always done really well with him even when he was a colicky newborn, but Mason just loves it when Josh is home and it is evident that he really thinks his Daddy is awesome.

On to Mr. Maddox... He is a total Momma's boy right now. I will have to say that when he is being sweet and cuddly I am flattered, and love having a baby or I guess a toddler (sob, sob) who loves me and needs me so much!! There are moments where I just need a little space, but I try to remember that in a few years he won't want me to hold him and cuddle him and he won't constantly be saying "mommy, mommy." The one thing I do wish is that he will someday be able to go to nursery without Josh or I there with him!! Cross your fingers that he will be ok without me by the time he is a sunbeam!! As needy as Maddox is, he sure thinks he is the boss around here!! Any toy Mason has, Maddox immediately needs!! He will take whatever measure necessary to get it too! This can range from a two arm tackle, to pinning Mason down, and sometimes into a nasty bite!

Maddox is the silliest boy. He already has such a hilarious sense of humor. He just does things that are so goofy and funny. One of our current favorites is sometimes he will just beup to the table eating and he will just close his eyes and kind of look up! It is so random, but we laugh hysterically every time he does it so now to get a good laugh he just knows to randomly close his eyes for a few seconds. Another random one is he will just starting making this awesome sound effect... "ah - ssss, ah- ssss, ah- sss." (I hope that doesn't look like it is a bad word. It doesn't sound like one it is totally broken up!) We think that he is going to be our little comedian who loves to make people laugh. He is just a crack up already!!

They are getting to the point where they will just say "I love ew mommy" or "I love ew daddy" and if we are really lucky they will grab our cheeks and kiss us! They both love the movie Cars, and make some pretty awesome sound effects. Maddox really knows how to revv an engine like "queen." He is awesome with the sounds. They are also really into Dinosaurs and they like to roar like a dinosaur... again Maddox is really dramatic with sound effects. Then they will say "scary." They both love to eat popcorn with Daddy. This is a new development at our house. Josh will pop popcorn and as soon as they see the bowl they hurry down to the family room and get situated for Josh to sit in between them. They both always go to the same spot, Maddox on one side and Mase on the other, and Josh sits down in the middle. With the 3 of them, they finish off a bowl pretty quick! They love French Fries and are always super excited when we take them out to eat.. McDonalds and Wendys are the new family outing!!

Maddox and Mason both have such sweet and unique personalities. I am so so grateful to be their Mom. I think I said this last year on their bday, but I honestly had no clue of my capacity to love until I became a mother. There are days where I just look at them and I know this sounds cheesy, but my heart just swells. I am so eternally grateful to be a mother... more specifically their mother. I am so glad Heavenly Father trusted me enough to be their mommy. I always knew I wanted to be a Mom, but I have told Josh lately that I really just feel like I was made to be a mom. This doesn't mean that I think I am great and have everything under control, because this definitely isn't the case... I am sooo far from having everything together! I just know that this is where I am supposed to be, and raising our kids is what I am supposed to be doing.

P.S.

I failed to mention that they both are still super in love with their blankie and binkie!! We are going to have problems when we try to take the binkie away... ehh scary!! I don't even want to think about it! They sometimes even want to take their blankie to the table with them to eat. This causes some problems because they aren't very clean eaters... and then they never want me to take the blankie away to get washed... ewww.

3 comments:

Gertge Family said...

Ohhhh! Meg, that is just crazy! They are so adorable! I loved the entire post. I totally understand. I have been a complete boob lately about my kids getting older I think what's really killing me is that Kenadee is about to turn 8. seriously..8!! Isn't that crazy? Plus Will & Whitney will be in first grade next year (which is really just about 7 months away!)& they will be in school ALL Day. It is really freaking me out & I bawl over just about anything! It doesnt help that they are totally obsessed with watching Saturday's Warrior & singing all the song from it constantly. It's just really hard to handle.
Anyway, I love the boys pictures & I am SOOO excited for tomorrow!!! & so are K & W!
Now if I could only decide what the girls should wear.

Unknown said...

Meg....I loved that post...I am sitting in my Boo's room at 1:45 am crying! I am sure our roomates think I am a lunatic! Especially since they already heard my crying a few other times today! Anywho! You do have the sweetest boys and they are so lucky to have you for a mom. I am POSITIVE Heavenly Father is pleased that the boys chose you for their mommy. I love you so much and can't hardly wait to see you next week!
Love, Me

Walker Family said...

Oh my heck Meggs, I can't believe you have two two years olds! You are the best little momma! I love hearing about their little personalities and about how much they are loved. They are lucky boys to have eachother and to have such good parents. meggs- you're great! Happy Late Birthday boys!