October 29, 2008

Deal of the year!

So all summer I was on Josh's case to build a sandbox like the Pottery Barn ones that have canopies. Well he was super busy and just never got around to it. So I thought that there was no chance of a Sandbox for this year.... Well towards the end of Sept. my sister Katie was here and we made a trip to Down East. They had this little baby (pictured below) out in the front without a tag. I figured that it probably wasn't that affordable even though it was at Downeast. Well as we were leaving I decided to ask what the price was. The girl didn't know so she made a couple of calls and told me it was.........$100!! Yeah so I bought it! I am super happy Josh didn't build one... because I know he could have done a great Job. I just don't know that it would have had the same Safari Jeep detail!! Now I am just going to need to make a canopy for next year. Unfortunately PB sells the canopy with the sandbox and doesn't sell it separately!!
The boys had to wait all year for it... but they finally got their sandbox!!


4 comments:

Candace said...

What a deal!! I love that store. Sometimes you can find the best things in there. Get out your sewing machine...I'm sure you can make a cute canopy.

PROUD MOMMY said...

This past summer I was hunting around for some fabric for an outdoor canopy. They have some super durable, super affordable...and actually kinda cute sunshade/outdoor fabric at Ranch and Home here in WA. You might be able to find something like that. Maybe if you look now in the off season you can find that on sale as well! Good Shopping!! ~sara e.

Kari said...

That sandbox looks so fun! Gotta love Downeast!

Ash said...

LOL Glad you finally got the sandbox! It is super cute and I know the boys will love it! Good luck on the Canopy- Ive had it with sewing for a big after the boys' costumes- phew! I'm sure you'll do a great job!