December 5, 2007

Christmas Tree!!


It is amazing what having your Christmas Tree up does for feeling the Christmas spirit. I have just been dreading putting up our tree because.... well do I really need to explain why? The twins and I spend a lot of time in the living room during the day, and the Christmas tree was just going to put a kink in my daily routine. Well I knew I was going to put it up eventually, and we are leaving to see my family here pretty soon, so I wanted to at least enjoy it for a couple of weeks. So.. last night Josh and I put up the tree!! The babies loved it!! Maddox just laid under the tree screeching and kicking his feet!! Mason was amazed for a few minutes and then went back to chasing Bruno around the living room. We put the babies to bed before we were finished decorating, but they enjoyed the finished product today!! Now that our tree is up, and we have a great Christmas scent in the warmer, I am starting to feel excited for Christmas. I even feel ready for Christmas music now!! I will have to admit... I am still like a little kid on Christmas. I get so excited to see the Tree Christmas morning. My mom never put very many presents out before Christmas... and Santa always came through on Christmas eve!! I just love the feeling of seeing the tree all lit up in the morning with the presents arranged pretty under the tree. This year we will be in Washington for Christmas, and I am so excited that our little family will get to be with my family for the holidays this year.

Our Tree in the light! (The ribbon isn't my favorite, but I haven't gotten around to finding new)










Just a few of my favorite things on the tree!


These are my favorite boys.....under the tree!











I am so grateful for this time of year and the opportunity it brings to reflect on Our Saviors Birth, Life and Sacrifice. It is also a good time to remember all that we are blessed with personally. Josh and I have definitely had a year full of blessings... and challenges. We feel very grateful though to have each other, and to have our sweet little boys!

7 comments:

Candace said...

I love the tree and the boys under it! Having your Christmas tree up makes Christmas seem a little more "real". I can't wait to set mine up so it can start feeling like Christmas around here! I have the christmas scents burning but without all the decorations something is definately missing!

Gertge Family said...

Beautiful! Im sure the boys are loving it. Have a good Christmas with your family.

Mom+Girls said...

I love your tree, I am so happy to see pictures of your kids, they are so cute!!Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

DiAnn said...

Meg, your tree is beautiful, but even more beautiful with my sweet Grandsons under it. We'll miss you on Christmas and Christmas Eve, but we'll have a late Christmas with you. The snow and listening to a little Mannheim Steamroller music today really got me in the Christmas spirit. Looking forward to the Polar Express on Friday and hope you are as well. I love you all sooooo much!! DiAnn

Anonymous said...

So, good luck keeping the boys out of the tree until you get to come home! All the reason I haven't put mine up yet...to many little munchkins runnin' around! Joe is on my case to get one...he's gettin' in the christmas spirit! PS....who was the other person who put maybe as their vote on Jenny McCarthy hair? Don't you know how indecisive Meg is? You really have to give her a yes or no! Love you meg!

Gertge Family said...

nnC'mon Meg! Im just waiting for an new Post! It's not like you're busy or anything!=)

Ash said...

lol- LOVE the tree Meg, and of course the boys are playing in it! That's what they do! It really does help things feel so much more... christmasie with the tree up!