I will have to say Saturday December 15th was one of the scariest days of my life! This year is our year to be in Washington for Christmas and 1 week wasn't enough for me... so I decided I wanted to go up a week before Josh with the babies to spend more time with my family!! As Saturday approached I was getting a lot more nervous about my decision. I was getting sick just thinking about the flight. I was considering changing my flight to the day Josh was planning on coming, but I decided to be tough! Well if anyone knows me that well... you will know that I am not that tough! The morning that we were leaving I was a basket case, emotional wreck, and physically sick! I prayed a lot before we left that I would be able to handle the babies on the flight and that I would be able to get them in and out of the plane without too much trouble. I also prayed that I would either know someone on the flight or I would have a nice person next to me that I could have help me with the babies! Well I definitely know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I did before but my experience that Saturday solidified that even more. In the line to check in, I was kind of a mess. I was by myself with the babies for a few minutes pushing them in their stroller and trying to move 4 pieces of luggage while Josh went to get the car seats out of the car. My stress level was at an all time high. We finally got checked in and they gave Josh a security pass so he could take me to the gate. As we were heading towards security I saw a familiar face! A friend from High School was standing with her husband and new baby in line!! How fun to run in to a friend at the airport!! We chatted for a minute and I found out she was on my flight!! I was so relieved! She said she would sit by me on the plane to help me with the babies!! Well Josh and I had a hard time getting through security.... they took everything out of my diaper bag and we had to take the babies out of their strollers take off their shoes and sweatshirts.... but we made it... I was supposed to be in the A boarding group (Southwest no longer preboards people traveling with small children). Well because of our fiasco at the Security area by the time I got to the gate they had already boarded A and most of B. The lady at the gate saw how stressed I was and let Josh get me on the plane and get the carseat installed. (good thing she did because the flight attendant was not very nice... I asked if she could help install the carseat because our hands were full and she said, "you don't know how to install your carseat?") Anyways.... Josh got off the plane, and I was in tears The babies slept for the first 40 minutes and after that I had help from my friend and her husband. We got to Spokane and I had someone I didn't know carry Mason off while I carried Maddox and our bags. My friends husband carried the carseat plus his own baby! Thank goodness my Dad was there on time to pick us up! It was a very scary day. I don't recommend traveling alone with twins... but I did make it, and it was worth it. We had a great time with my family!
December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Im Stressed from just reading that! WOW! I did not go anywhere with my twins & Kenadee by myself for a good year-& Im not exagerating! One more time-WOW!!!
Wow Meghan! What an adventure for you! One you'll never forget, I'm sure! I'm so glad you had some help on the plane and that Josh could get a pass to help you all the way to the plane! yay!! Thank goodness! I don't blame you for being stressed!! Good for you for making it!
WOW, I am so proud of you! I cancel my flight to Argentina the same day I was supposted to flight just because I was scared of being alone with Nya for 24 hours (Nya is a busy girl)Is sohard to do it alone I guess but after reading your experience I should be fine! You are a super mom!
OMIGOSH meg! I seriously am sweaty palmed after reading that little fiasco! Blood pressure soaring... argh! How did you do it?! I can barely travel alone with ONE baby, let alone two- you're amazing! No, seriously! :)
Post a Comment