I can't believe it.... the boys turned 1 on Saturday!! The last year has gone by so fast... my tiny babies are getting big so fast. Although it is sad that they aren't tiny anymore, I do love all the stages that they have gone through. From the 4 and 5 pound little guys that kept us up all night, to the 6 month olds who couldn't move well yet and were just happy to play in their saucers.... to the extremely mobile and funny 1 year olds, every step has been great.
I love that they both have their own sense of humor. I love watching them and seeing them laugh when nobody is trying to make them laugh. I love watching them interact with eachother.... even though a lot of the time they are fighting (Unfortunately they are both biters)!! I love Mason's energy... he is definitely his Daddy's child.... He is always moving and exploring. He loves chasing Bruno (our dog). Another funny thing he has been doing lately is carrying this stuffed baseball around in his mouth like a dog.. He will literally crawl around for minutes with it in his mouth! Mason is a little tease. He likes to pretend like he is giving us his binkie... and then he will take it back and put it in his mouth!! He now says, "dog, ball, moma, dad, baba, and papa." It is amazing how different they are. They have such different little personalities. Maddox is much like me in temperment. Very mellow and content to just hang out. He does love to explore, but once he gets to whatever he is wanting he will just lie down and play with it on his back!! Maddox is our little Ham... He has a goofy personality and thinks just about anything Josh does is funny. One of the funny things he has been doing for a while is shaking his head no..no. He understands what it means, but that doesn't stop him from getting into things he shouldn't! He also is shaking his head yes (Very exaggerated). They both play pattie cake and clap yeah!! They both love to immitate sounds, and are very good at making any noise we can make!!
Josh and I have had quite the year with our sweet little boys. I don't think there is anything you can do to prepare yourself for being a Mom, or for being a Mom of twins for that matter (or a dad). I will have to say that I was very naive!! I had no idea what I was in for! I am grateful that Josh has always been so willing to be a hands on Dad. He has changed more diapers and given more baths than most Dad's I am guessing. I am also grateful for my Mom and all the help she gave me in the first 8 weeks. She sacrificed a lot to be here and help get me through. I am also grateful for Josh's family and all the help they continue to offer... we are truly a lucky family. As hard as it is somedays to be a stay at home mom, I am so grateful that I am home with them. I love watching them change every day, and seeing them do things for the first time. I don't think I had any idea of my capacity to love until the twins were born. It is amazing how quickly and deeply you fall in love with your children. Before I had the boys my Moms best friend gave me a card and in it she said, "Motherhood is Heavenly Father's greatest gift to women." It really is and I am so grateful to be the Mama to these two beautiful boys! Happy birthday boys!
February 3, 2008
The twins are 1!!!
Posted by
Meghan
at
2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Congrats on their 1st birthday! They are 2 handsome little boys:)
Happy Birthday boys! I can't believe they are one!! Enjoy all the moments because they continue to fly by.
I can't believe they have turned one already! Time sure does fly! You have such a cute family, the boys are adorable!
Post a Comment