May 19, 2008

Marathon!!

Saturday was the Ogden Marathon.... and it was awesome! My friend Jen and I have been running for the past 12 weeks getting ready for it and it was so worth it! I have never ran in a race like this before, and wasn't sure how I would like it...but I loved it. We ran the half marathon (13.1 miles). It starts up in Eden and finishes on 25th and Grant in Ogden. The course is beautiful. It is awesome to run down the canyon by the river and you also run around Pineview reservoir... you even run on a pretty trail in Ogden. I don't know what it is called... Ogden River Parkway??? (I could be way off on that). The weather was so nice... you couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!! We felt really good the whole race even though we were running at a faster pace than we had been training at... it felt good to push ourselves!! We ended up finishing at 1:57:52. Which I was happy with for my first race! It was about 8:55 miles! It was awesome coming into the finish line because there were TONS of people there screaming!! Josh was there waiting at the finish line... and our friend Ali was there with her family with this awesome sign for us!! All in all it was a great day... I did feel like I was going to throw up after I did a little sprint action at the end... but it was nice to go in the runners circle where they had Jamba Juice, fruit, great harvest bread, creamies, powerade and water waiting for us. They totally make you feel like superstars when you finish!! I really enjoyed the whole atmosphere and the training leading up to it... I can even see myself maybe being a lifelong runner and doing several of these!

Jen and I
I am glad Ali thinks we are hot... but we are sooo not looking hot right here!!

Ali's awesome sign
Sam (Jens husband), Jen and I
Me and Josh
Amie and I
I was looking for Amie before we started but I couldn't find her... but we ran into eachother at the end of the race!! Yeah us!!


















4 comments:

Candace said...

Congrats on your first marathon! Maybe I will try to run the next one with you.

Walker Family said...

Meggs. . . You are my hero! What a super woman you are! I wish I had the guts to do something like that. Way to go!

Ash said...

Wow megs! You rock!!! I'm with Candace and will have to catch ya next time around. The big fatty pregnant people don't run the best times i hear ;) Also I've slacked on your blog, you've posted a lot! Love the skydiving pics! They're hilarious! And congrats on the new freezer. Wish I had some good frezer meals. My advice would be to go to the "my girlfriends kitchen" or whatever it's called and they have great ones - I hear, I haven't actually tried them.

The Poll Family said...

Meghan you are a rock star!! Congrats on your race! I about died in the South Weber 5 K...pathetic, I know. You're awesome, keep it up!