May 11, 2008

Why I love my Mom

Mom & Dad.... Before me I think??
My Mom when I was 15 months... (the exact same age the twins are!!)
Maddox and Bama

These are 23 reasons I love my Mom for the 23 years we have been together!!

1) Because she was home for me every day after school to see how my day was.
2) Because she always packed my lunch for me and would always score my orange.
3) Because she was always a "room mom" at school and would be at all the big events
4) Because she went on field trips
5) Because when I called her from school when I forgot my homework.... she would always bring it and bail me out.
6) Because I never had to wake up to an alarm... just my mom saying "Meg, it's time"
7) Because she would fix my hair for me even when I was in high school if I didn't feel like it... or if I didn't get it straight in the back.
8) Because she always made sure all of us kids were dressed cute. Even if it did mean hiding clothes in the closet!!
9) Because she made sure I was always involved in good activities and always drove me everywhere!!
10) Because she made our house a place that all my friends wanted to hang out at growing up!
11) Because she is so proud of me.... and I have always known that.
12) Because when I hurt.... I can always tell that it hurt her just as bad or sometimes worse.
13) Because she still brags that I once hit six 3-pointers in a game.
14) Because I have always been able to sit next to her on the couch and just talk for hours and have fun doing it!
15) Because she always flies me home to visit and she also tries to come down here a lot.
16) Because she came to stay after I had the twins and helped me for 7 weeks!! (Getting up at night, making me breakfast, cleaning, etc..)
17) Because she loves my boys soo much and they love their "Bama."
18) Because she loves to spoil the twins with adorable things.... which really helps Josh and I out a ton!!
19) Because she doesn't care if I call her for help on a recipe that I have made 50 times!
20) Because she will do anything for her kids... and we all know it.
21) Because when we get off the phone we say "love you, need you,want you" (It's an inside joke)
22) Because she is a great cook, and has passed down some great recipes!!
23) Because she is an all around great Mom with a great heart.
I am so grateful to have such an awesome Mom who has always made her kids her number #1 priority. I am so lucky to have her as my Mom and friend.
P.S. There are way more than 23 things that I love!!
And sorry Mom that I have these pictures... I am not even quite sure how I got them! Please don't be mad that I stole them at one point!! I guess I will add one more thing that I love!
24) Because she takes 10 gazillion pictures at every event and just on regular days... and she doesn't like to share them!!

6 comments:

Walker Family said...

Meggs, you really do have a wonderful mom! I remeber how mad she got when they wouldn't let us run for SAC together. .. i think it was thanks to her that we fainlly could. What a great lady!

Anonymous said...

Meg,
What a wonderful thing to find today. I know you love me alot, because you have always let me know. I am speechless and very happy. I am so lucky to have you for a daughter. I love you very much. I am so proud of the woman you have become. I love to watch you mother your twins....you are the best momma. Having you for my daughter is a dream come true. You have always been a blessing and continue to be. Love you lots Meg.
Love, Mom

Melissa and Bryan said...

Your mom is so great. Moms are the best!! What would we do without them!! Oh and your sky diving adventure looks incredible! How fun!!
Oh and I love the pictures of your mom! Adorable!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Meghan you look exactly like your mom when she was your age!!:) I love your mom too, she is a sweetheart!

Gertge Family said...

What a sweet tribute! You are a good daughter.

Unknown said...

Meg, that was a really nice mother's day gift for mom! She loved it! I will never forget those scored oranges! And I am pretty sure Will Street won't either since he used to always steal a scored orange from "Mama Gunn!"
Love You,
Your ASB Vice-President