About 3 weeks ago on Sunday we were at church and I noticed this wierd bump on Maddox's wrist. It looked wierd to me... not like a bite, but I wasn't sure what it was. I kind of dismissed it and then a few days later he had several of these little bumps. I was convinced they were chicken pox and was so upset that I would have a couple weeks of sick babies and not leaving the house... I was also completely confused on how he could have gotten chickenpox... other than exactly one week before was their first time in nursery. So I called the pediatrician and he said that if he had them for 3 or 4 days then the first ones would be scabbed over already if they were chickenpox. So I took him in, and the pediatrician wasn't really sure what they were. He said it was probably a virus that presented on his skin or something like that... and that if it didn't go away in few more days that he thought it was a bacterial infection from the pool. So... we waited and they didn't go away.....
(They originally looked like the little spot on his forhead, but he had like 15 of them... Yeah Maddox was looking awesome for a few days with this rash and then Mason hit him with my high heel and gave him this cute black eye!)









6 comments:
Oh I just Hate Mystery illnesses!!! Aren't doctors supposet to know everything?
How frustrating.
I like that you are posting often again!
how strange! Jaren has had quite a few "mystery rashes" and the only explanation i could get was that it was his body getting rid of a virus. A virus exanthum, I think he called it.
I'm sorry about the stress fracture. That is a major bummer! I hope it heals quickly.
that is crazy meggs. . I hate it when the doctor doesn't know. . . ! I hope it remains kind of neutral until it goes away. He is still the cutest kid ever!
Hey! This is Sara Elfering (used to be McCue) and your mom gave me the address to your blog a couple months back when I ran into her up here in good 'ol WA! I have started blogging as well since we had our 2nd baby and I have to admit I am slightly obsessed. I love all your pics. Your family is beautiful and you all seem so happy. My sis Jamie is actually due with their first baby (a boy) in 2 weeks!
That is so strange. I wonder what they are. Atleast they aren't bugging him. Good luck on trying to figure it all out.
Oh, your poor boy! Those look terrible. But he is still one of the most handsome little guys I have EVER seen!
Post a Comment