September 3, 2008

Top of Utah Half Marathon!!

Josh right after the race!
Waiting impatiently for Daddy!

There he goes!!
Go Josh!!!

All of us after the race!


Me and my sweaty hubby!!
Family shot!!
After seeing how cool the Ogden Half Marathon was for me, Josh surprised me, and decided he was going to train to run in a half marathon! So for the past 12 weeks he has been training hard and on the 23rd he ran in the Top of Utah Half Marathon. He did Awesome! This was his first time ever running in something like this, and he set a goal to train at an 8 minute mile pace. He ended up running the half marathon in 1hr 41 minutes. So his race pace was 7 min. 40 sec. miles!! That is awesome for anyone... especially for his first race! He ended up finishing 130th out of around 1400 runners!! It was awesome to watch him finish! The boys were pills... I am glad Joe and Karen came up with me to watch Josh finish or I would have had some problems dealing with them! Also our good friends Sam and Jen and their kids came up to watch Josh finish! He had a big cheering section! Anyways overall it was a great experience. It has been fun for Josh and I to have a common hobby and goal to work towards together! Josh is so dedicated in whatever he sets his mind to. He trained hard, and stuck to his running schedule every day and he exceeded his goal! He enjoyed the race so much that I am sure he will continue to run in 1/2 marathons whenver he gets the chance!

2 comments:

Preeces said...

Not sure how you guys run so much. Crazy! I haven't got hooked on the whole exercise thing, yet. Your family is so cute!

DiAnn said...

I am so proud of you. Whatever you set out to accomplish, you succeed. That is why you are so successful in life. I love you!